The Federation is recognized as the only national amateur aquatics sports association responsible for Aquatics Sports in Uganda i.e. Swimming, Open Water Swimming, Diving, Water Polo, Synchronized Swimming and Masters Program or activities, and is affiliated to NCS, FINA - Fedération Intérnationale de Natation, CANA - Confédération Africaine de Natation, and UOC - the Uganda Olympic Committee
The Uganda Swimming Federation started in 1978 as an amateur sports association, then called Uganda Swimming Association. The Federation has metamorphosed into what it is currently, a focused and forward looking organization with plans to overhaul Swimming and other water sports.
To promote and develop Swimming and other aquatic sports in Uganda to internationally competitive standards
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (2017 - 2020)
The following were elected to the new Executive at the Saturday 18th March 2017 Annual General Assembly for a 4-year term.
- Secretary General – Uganda Olympic Committee (UOC) and Commonwealth Games Association Uganda
- Member – UOC Government Relations Committee
- Member – UOC Legal Commission
- Board Chair – Special Olympic
- Executive Member – Uganda Olympic Committee and Commonwealth Games Association Uganda
- Secretary General – Uganda Swimming Federation
- Chairperson – UOC Legal Commission
- Member – FINA Legal and Ethics Commission 2017 – 2020